[mythtv-users] Bt87x strange problem

Horváth Csaba horvathcsabalaszlo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:28:28 UTC 2010

Hi,

Sorry for disturbing, i have a strange problem on my TV recording box, and i'
completely stuck with it...

I have installed Mythbuntu 8.04, 9.10, and 10.10 for trying to wtach and
record TV with MythTV, but none of them can handle my TV tuner card, wich is a
BT879 card (i have tried it with a BT878, but the errors remained the same).
(Card 1 is a Lifeview Flyvideo (879), Card 2 is an Avermedia TVphone 98
(878)).

So after installation, i detect the card with MythTV backend, it is OK, it
recognizes the card. Then when i start to scan channels, i cannot use the
"Scan channels" button in backend... It happens in every Mythbuntu version.
(I have added the capture card, added an Input Connection, as the Myth manual
says.)

The card and bttv module must be OK, because it works fine with TVtime, VLC, or
mplayer.

So if anybody can help me, i will give a big thx for it :)

Cs.