[mythtv-users] Volume resets to max Vol and PCM settings when using Pulse Audio

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 01:50:06 UTC 2010

Hi

On 6 December 2010 08:12, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky <mythtv at kosowsky.org> wrote:
> Any time I start a new video the pulse audio mixer settings revert to maximum
> volume. This occurs whether or not I have "internal volume controls"
> set or not. This is incredibly annoying (and saying that PulseAudio stinks
> and you should remove it from the system is not a helpful or practical
> answer ;).
>
> Note: I am running 0.24, but the same problem occurred in 0.23 in too.

Unless you have checked the internal volume control in the settings,
myth doesn't attempt to change the volume whatsoever.

So not sure why  it would do that.

There are patches in trac so myth could control the general pulse audio volume.

I was about to say that pulseaudio stinks and you should remove it
from the system, when I re-read your email... almost got caught on
that one !