[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend for Mac OS X Leopard?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sun Dec 5 01:34:55 UTC 2010

At 5:31 PM -0600 12/4/10, Michael S. Keller wrote:
>On 12/4/10 4:04 PM, Francois Gouget wrote:
>>Does anyone know where to find binaries of Mythfrontend 0.24 for Mac OS
>>X Leopard (10.5)?
>>When I checked what looks like the official repository for Mythfrontend
>>binaries only has a Snow Leopard (10.6) binary which crashes on startup
>>on my MAc Mini.
>>(as also reported in this post:
>>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/460260 )
>>I started to download the source but if I can skip compiling it myself
>>that is just as well. Also, how come there is no Leopard binary on
>>Sourceforge? Just a lack of contributors or some official project policy
>>deprecating Leopard?
>I haven't seen binaries for 10.5 Intel or PPC. When I attempt to compile on PPC, it dies - will have to reproduce it so I can paste the error here.
>And the official binary for 10.6 Intel is very sluggish on my main Mac compared with my Linux FE (which runs on the same machine as the BE).
Be sure you get a binary with MMX enabled.  By default, I believe it is disabled for 10.6 at the moment.

I've been messing around building .24-fixes on Mac OS 10.5.  I could upload one, if you can't find it elsewhere.  Right now, I can't get a couple of the plugins to compile (MythWeather and MythNetvision).  The frontend app is pretty hefty when you have all the themes and plugins installed (170+ MB).