[mythtv-users] IPTV via Microsoft Mediaroom (Sasktel Max)--Hands on with new boxes(DATA CAPTURES)

Eric Yanush eric_pwb at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 4 09:50:32 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I was able to get some time tonight with a "new max" setup.
My wife's parents got max installed this week, so I got some goodies that hopefully will shed some light on out situation.

Backgroud:
	Tests were done in Melville, max launched about a month ago, no old windows ce embedded setup was ever available there.
	Box boot was done with only one box and my macbook connected to the gateway.
	Box's mac is 00:15:9A:BA:1D:4E

I started by doing a wireshark capture of the box booting and tuning into two channels.

I then reboot my laptop and setup my networking config the same way I have it setup in Regina currently, and tried to tune into  (with vlc) one the streams that I had captured on the first go around, with limited success.
I was able to get a 10.***.*** ip assigned to the macbook, and vlc opened the stream but never played back anything. (no video at least, audio driver not installed in ubuntu). at the same time however I did do a wireshark capture of the attempt, as well as saved the stream that vlc was attempting to tune into, as a RAW dump.

I have had no time as of yet to analyze any of the captures, and won't until the weekend is over and I am back in Regina, but I figured if anyone else has time and before tomorrow night has any other modifications or retests that maybe necessary  let me know.

I have these files availible for anyone who wants to see them, in the hopes that we will find a solution to transision our current Myth setups running smoothly.

Boot+channel tune sniff http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16213885/Mythtv-NewMax/mediaroomboot%2Bchanneltune
vlc raw stream capture http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16213885/Mythtv-NewMax/Vlc_RAW_Data_Capture
vlc tune-in packet sniff http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16213885/Mythtv-NewMax/Vlc_Test_sniff

Eric