[mythtv-users] Nvidia 260 yuv gives better image quality

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 03:59:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Andre <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:
> No worries, sadly I'm not using v260 any more so had to drop back to rgb, too many problems so I'm waiting for a newer version.
>
> Andre

Well, I've had a few minutes to remove the vdpaustudio from the
playback filters and see how things looked with YUV output....  I used
the AVS calibration files for White / Black and Hue / Tint settings.
The Hue / Tint were dead on.  The White / Black were WAY off from
using RGB with the vdpaustudio filter.  I could not see any of the
black bars in the Black Level test pattern and had to really increase
the Brightness.  I also had to significantly increase the Contrast as
well.

Video (HD and SD) seems OK but I'll need to watch something to see.
The Mythtv menu looks extremely washed out.

I think I need to play with this a bit more before I decide what is best.