[mythtv-users] Foxtel/PayTV in Australia

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 30 21:28:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 21:24 +1000, Bill Williamson wrote:
> With selecttv you can use an irdeto cam and thus get help on this
> list. With foxtel it's softcam only and not welcome

OT part:
ok, you hooked me, I had a look at the selecTV website but I am a tad
confused.
When I looked at the packages on offer all that is there is Spanish or
Greek. Everything I read about SelecTV indicates it is just like any
other payTV but I can't see how you subscribe to a basic package.

Back on topic:
Those with SelecTV/MythTv in Aust where do you get your hardware? OS? In
my searching so far all I found was http://dvbshop.net/ (somewhere in
Eu)
Given your comments I assume it has been done before but I haven't found
much in the way of a guide but rather some comments saying it works.
Would you or anyone else using SelecTV care to elaborate on their setup?
On or off list is fine.
Thanks,
Glen