[mythtv-users] Upnp, dlna, interval Upnp updates on multicast 239.255.255.250 port 1900

Ole Rydahl ole_rydahl at qp12.dk
Sun Aug 29 17:06:40 UTC 2010

>>On 8/29/2010 12:15, Ole Rydahl wrote:
>>I modified “Upnp Media Update Time” using mythTV Setup to 5 minutes. From
the backend log it is >>clear that something is then done every 5 minutes,
but the updates on the multicast address is >>unchanged - 30 minutes
(Captured by Wireshark).

>The UPnP server in MythTV performs its own scan of video content stored in
MythVideo, rather than >using that in the database.  The 'media update time'
is how often it will run that scan.  It has >nothing to do with how frequent
your TV will refresh its listing.

Thanks! I was close to that conclusion too. Any way of decreasing the time
between MythTv-backend sends out Upnp announcements of its presence?