[mythtv-users] mythweb no longer usable with older OS

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 29 06:18:08 UTC 2010

  On 08/29/2010 01:39 AM, Mitch Capper wrote:
> Yep, php 5.3 is definitely still alpha on several os's.  I have been
> just used the work around for that get_called_class call, and changed
> the version requirement check and it has been working fine so far.   I
> am sure a fake get_called_class isn't great, but honestly a
> programming language (especially php which can have major changes to
> default behavior between versions) requiring the absolute latest isn't
> something I mind bypassing.

PHP 5.3 is required because MythWeb is using PHP 5.3 features.  It's
available on all major distributions--including Fedora as far back as
Fedora 6.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8597#comment:1

Just upgrade PHP or /don't/ upgrade MythTV.  You need the required
version of PHP to use MythWeb.

Mike