[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime with MythTV

bhaskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Sun Aug 29 01:42:21 UTC 2010

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Shawn Asmussen <shawn.asmussen at gmail.com> says:
>
>> Actually, the new HDHR looks like it is going to have 3 tuners, so
>> for your scenario it'd be three monthly STB rentals you could
>> compare it against.
>>

> Interesting. I currently pay $22 a month to rent two cable boxes. I
> don't know how much my cable company charges for an M-Card but my
> understanding is that most only charge a few dollars a month.

I have been renting a M-Card for over a year, using it in my own DCH3416.
Today ( 08/28/2010 ), I received a letter from my cable company saying
that as of 08/25/2010
they will no longer allow this and I am to return this card to their office.
Isn't it nice of them to give me a negative three days to watch/transfer
the shows that
I have recorded on this box?
Anyone who might have been looking forward to a cable/M-card solution
should really pay attention to this.
The damn cable companies will always go for every last nickel even if it
costs them the account.
Rampant, runaway greed rules every decision .

My DCH3416 is now pretty much worthless.
The box will not do anything without a valid M-card.
That is what is so pathetic about this.
As I retired EE/CS I sort of marvel at what a slick design the Mot box
is and then they turn around and lock it all up.

Come on Google, move  in  here and  let us  bury these !@#$!!!!!