[mythtv-users] Superserver

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Aug 24 22:03:49 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, August 24, 2010 03:43:02 pm Travis Tabbal wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > Most of what I can get from Hulu and others of its ilk I can get from
> > Netflix Watch Instantly with DVD quality and
> > excellent reliability, and of course no commercials at all.
>
> How are you doing that? I did a quick google, but mostly found older posts
> that didn't really have a solution. Ideally it would work with Myth, but I
> guess I could use the PS3 for that.

I use the PlayON server, which can get Netflix and export it as Mpeg2PS. The problem is PLayON is only available for
Windows, I run it in a virtual XP machine under VirtualBox on a Debian server, not on my Myth machine.

PlayON will work will with a PS3, or any other UPnP/DLNA player/renderer. I use a Myka, which can also access NFS and
Samba shares from my main server.

I'd like to set up a virtual capture device of some sort for Myth of course, but for now at least I can watch it.