[mythtv-users] Is shutdown action of standalone frontend controllable?

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Mon Aug 23 21:20:09 UTC 2010

On 23/08/2010 20:22, Craig Huff wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:38 AM, Jason Chambers wrote:
>> The settings I was referring to are in mythfrontend.  They are specific to
>> each machine so if you have several frontends and they needed to do slightly
>> different things you could configure it so.
>>
>> The exact path is "Utilities/Setup" -> "Setup" -> "General", and then its on
>> the "Program Exit" page which is one of the last pages shown.

> Just had a chance to follow up on your help.  We must be running
> different versions of MythTV.
>
> I'm running 0.23.20100314-1, AKA branches/release-0-23-fixes, or version 24158.
>
> In my version, the page you identified has a pull-down to choose what
> menu options to present the user and another to choose what the exit
> key should be.  There is no entry field there for what command or
> program to run to shut down the system.

Eh? Something very odd is going on here then ... This is what I see:

http://www.purplish-monkey.com/program-exit-page.jpg

I'm using 0.23 fixes too, compiled from source with /no/ modifications.
 Although I last updated in July so I'm a few months ahead of you:

mythtv at lister:/usr/src/mythtv-0-23$ svn info
Repository Root: http://svn.mythtv.org/svn
Repository UUID: 7dbf422c-18fa-0310-86e9-fd20926502f2
Revision: 25391
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: gigem
Last Changed Rev: 25384
Last Changed Date: 2010-07-20 22:13:11 +0100 (Tue, 20 Jul 2010)

I don't know when those options were added but I could have sworn they
were in well before 0.23.  Certainly I don't ever remember them /not/
being there since I've been using Myth nor do I remember doing anything
special to make them appear in the first place.

All I have ever done on all my frontends is to add "sudo" to the command
line and more recently changed "halt" to "pm-suspend" after I became
familiar with standby & hibernation in Linux.

The only code changes in this area that I remember was
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25433. This is for trunk so doesn't
apply here (and only removes the default values anyway - not the options
themselves).

Maybe somebody else knows a reason why we are seeing different things ...

--
Regards,
Jason