[mythtv-users] MythEpisode trouble

Chad Oppliger chadopp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 23:27:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Randy Ferrill <randyf at cbcast.com> wrote:
> I installed MythEpisode on my MythDora v12.
> I had some issues with the paths being different and I corrected those with
> symlinks.
>
> I can select a show then select the episodes to record and create a tvwish
> list. I activate the tvwish list and run the crontab job but never see
> anything being scheduled.
>
> I followed the install instructions .
>
> I don't see anything in the httpd/error_log.
>
> One thing I noticed (maybe correct but I don't know)in
> /usr/share/mythtv/episode/shows all the files are:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 33 tape  2886 2010-08-06 20:11 Actionman1995
> -rw-r--r-- 1 33 tape  2429 2010-08-06 20:11 Actionman2000
> -rw-r--r-- 1 33 tape  7098 2010-08-06 20:11 Actorsstudio
> -rw-r--r-- 1 33 tape     0 2010-08-06 20:11 Actualityspecials
> -rw-r--r-- 1 33 tape   594 2010-08-06 20:11 Acurrentaffairus
>
> Should these be tape? or should they be mythtv or root?
>
> Where does the wishlist get stored?

Randy,

If you are using the original release of mythepisode I would recommend
updating to the latest version.  There have been a number of changes
one of which was a problem with the tvwish implementation.  You can
find the newest version at

http://code.google.com/p/mythepisode/

The files should be owned by the user that your web server runs as.
Mine are all owned by www-data and have a group of www-data.  The
tvwish master file for mythepisode is in the data directory where you
keep data files.  For me it is /var/lib/mythtv/episode/tvwish.  The
file is called master.  You will have an entry in the bottom of the
file for each entry.  If you run the same command string that is in
your crontab you should see errors if there are problems with paths.
I believe I setup some of those paths in handler.php for tvwish that
you may need to change.  handler.php is a file under the mythepisode
directory.  Let me know if you need any additional help.

Thanks,

Chad