[mythtv-users] Combined Atom FE/BE /w GT220 ?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Aug 19 14:58:38 UTC 2010

On 19/08/2010 15:27, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 6:39 AM, Paul Gardiner<lists at glidos.net>  wrote:
>> On 19/08/2010 12:29, Steve Anthony wrote:
>>>
>>> My primary system which is a Zotac ION board, the Audio gives me allot
>>> of issues.. It'll be working fine for weeks then all of a sudden the
>>> sound, using SPDIF output, to my receiver or even if I use the HDMI
>>> output, gets real choppy.  Not sure why that happens.
>>
>> I too have audio problems with a Zotac ION board. It's mostly ok for TV,
>> but unusuable for music because of distortion. Tracks start off fine,
>> but as soon as any bass comes in, I can hear distortion from clipping.
>> I know it isn't elsewhere in my setup because the distortion is
>> independent of the volume setting on my AV Receiver, and is also present
>> if I connect the ION directly to the TV.
>>
>> I've had a few problem with other boards, but I hoped that I'd be free
>> from problems with an ION board because it's one of the most commonly
>> used for MythTv.
>>
>> I guess it could be a config problem, but I'm using Minimyth, so that's
>> all done for me.
>>
>> And while on problems with ION boards, on the video side I get this:
>> http://unlock.glidos.net/tmp/MythCorruption.jpg
>> Anyone else see this problem with the bottom line? I still haven't
>> managed to find out if anyone else has the same problem, so it could
>> be a faulty board.
>
> I had one tv in my house that wast that way as well.  It was NBC
> Dallas on SD content they upscale for broadcast IIRC, it always had a
> 5-10 pixel row of what I assumed to be the CC data from the SD
> broadcast that was visible.  This was a DirecTV re-broadcast.  There
> was an overscan setting on the plasma that fixed it right up (in both
> Mythtv and DirecTV)..  I never saw it happen on HD broadcasts, or any
> other channels for that matter..

The corruption I'm seeing isn't in the source. The source is 576i, but
the corruption is only a single 1080 pixel (it looks more because the
photo is blurred. I also see the same thing when using mythmusic
visualisations.

> I only ever have audio issues on my IONS when I forget to apply my asoundrc..
>
> pcm.51to2 {
>    type route
>    slave {
>      pcm "plughw:0,3"
>      channels 2
>    }
>    ttable {
>      0.0= 1
>      2.0= 1
>      4.0= 1
>      5.0= 1
>      1.1= 1
>      3.1= 1
>      4.1= 1
>      5.1= 1
>    }
> }

I'd guess that wont help with my problem as all the music is stereo.
Thanks for info all the same.

Cheers,
	Paul.