[mythtv-users] Macro to exit Live TV (Harmony remote, lazy kids)

mythtv at derdev.com mythtv at derdev.com
Mon Aug 16 12:39:53 UTC 2010

In the top of this prior thread (before it generated a bit...)

referenced the opportunity to setup a macro on Myth (??) so that the
Harmony remote could exit LiveTV in case the kiddies are forgetful.

Can anyone link me to a thread or URL that would address that option in
more detail?  My kids are very good about using the Harmony to power down
all the gear, they are only somewhat good at remembering to exit LiveTV.
I'd like to hook up an "exit LiveTV" or "Return to Home" action/button as
part of the power down sequence.

I'm unclear on what the remote should be calling on Myth in terms of a
batch file/macro.

TIA!!!!
Dave.