[mythtv-users] Please Wait...

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 23:42:50 UTC 2010

Brent,

I just upgraded Ubuntu 9.10 from 22-fixes to 23-fixes using mythbuntu
daily builds.

I took a backup; changed from 0.22 to 0.23 using synaptic.

I then ran mythsetup , then the frontend. It upgraded the database
(the frontend took some time without any visual feedback - probably
worth running it from the terminal, there is probably more reassuring
output going on there).

after a reboot everything was hunkydory.

btw; i also installed the frontend onto a new highspeed compactflash
card and compactflash to sata adapter. The speed increase compared to
USB booting is VERY noticeable; changed from approx 2.5 minutes boot
to 30 seconds or less.