[mythtv-users] Total failure with Myth /10.04 install

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Mon Apr 26 13:52:09 UTC 2010

I am trying to bring up mythtv or mythbuntu under 10.04 and
am not geting anywhere.
This box is a laptop which normally will just be running gnome and mythweb but
once in a while will be used for FireWire capture from a DCH3200/3416 STB.
It is a backend only setup.
I have done this before on this box with 9.10 and .22 and things worked well.
The funny thing about this attempted install is that mythbackend is running
even though I have not even been able to get through even the first stages of setting
up the database or anything else related to myth.
This was a fresh install.
If I kill mythbackend, it just starts up again with a higher number PID.
Needless to say, I have removed and reinstalled just about everything that I
can think of without any progress.
It is evident that there is some "junk" that does not get flushed out
during a R/R and this could be the problem but just how do I fight this?
Thanks for any suggestions