[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Boost_audio on or off?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Apr 25 15:34:16 UTC 2010

Larry J on his Dell LT wrote:
> The wiki for the HD-PVR says the boost_audio module parameter is a
> boolean.  To me, a boolean value is either a one or a zero.  So after
> constructing a  /etc/modprobe.d/hdpvr.conf file which contains
>
> lj at mythtv:/etc/modprobe.d$ cat hdpvr.conf
> options hdpvr boost_audio=1
>
> my system shows:
>
> lj at mythtv:/sys/module/hdpvr/parameters$ cat boost_audio
>
> I was expecting a  one or a zero, not a "Y"  Is the "Y" short for the
> number one, in other words  meaning  "Yes, boost_audio" is turned on?
> If so,  I still have low HD-PVR record volume  vs  off air recordings.

Boolean values often, but not always, allow all of the usual forms:

1 or 0, true or false, yes or no.

Capitalisation optional. If the program or script which reads this file is using
standard libraries to process input, there should be very few issues.

Occasionally the above isn't true, so it's always best to check that what comes
out is what you intended. Seems that in your case it is.

--

Mike Perkins