[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Boost_audio on or off?

Larry J on his Dell LT larry at foxgulch.com
Sun Apr 25 15:23:31 UTC 2010

The wiki for the HD-PVR says the boost_audio module parameter is a
boolean.  To me, a boolean value is either a one or a zero.  So after
constructing a  /etc/modprobe.d/hdpvr.conf file which contains

lj at mythtv:/etc/modprobe.d$ cat hdpvr.conf
options hdpvr boost_audio=1

my system shows:

lj at mythtv:/sys/module/hdpvr/parameters$ cat boost_audio

I was expecting a  one or a zero, not a "Y"  Is the "Y" short for the
number one, in other words  meaning  "Yes, boost_audio" is turned on?

If so,  I still have low HD-PVR record volume  vs  off air recordings.

Larry