[mythtv-users] Frontend hangs with only background, after moving system partition to a new drive

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Apr 23 15:34:10 UTC 2010

jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
> Everything seems to be working again now. I had unplugged the DVD drive
> while I was transferring drive because I needed the extra SATA port. I took
> the old drive out of the system and plugged the DVD drive back in this
> morning and now everything is working again. So it seems these errors were
> part of the problem:
>

>> mount: can't find /dev/sdf in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
>> 2010-04-23 02:38:51.249 Failed to mount /dev/sdf.
>>

> However, it still seems like a bug if I take my DVD drive out of my system
> and it causes mythfrontend to stop functioning.

Removing any drive may shuffle other drive letters around. Not so much a problem
these days with UUID based systems, but a thing one always has to be aware of
when moving hardware around.

There's also a front-end option to scan removable media in order to invoke the
player should someone insert a disk/SD card/whatever. Have you checked, /dev/sdf
may be specifically mentioned in the list of drives to be scanned.

--

Mike Perkins