[mythtv-users] HD-PVR input issues:

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sat Apr 10 02:17:21 UTC 2010

John P Poet wrote:
> Are you using the udev rule that greg posted?  If so, you should be
> using /dev/hdpvr, not /dev/video4.
>
> Each time your system boots, it is possible that the HD-PVR could be
> attached to a different /dev/videoX.  The udev rule results in a
> mapping of whatever /dev/videoX the HD-PVR is on, to the name
> /dev/hdpvr, so that myth (or whatever) can reliably talk to it.
>

> John

Here's some more output from the device:

[mark at cyclops ~]$ v4l2-ctl --all --device=/dev/video4
Driver Info:
        Driver name   : hdpvr
        Card type     : Haupauge HD PVR
        Bus info      : usb-0000:00:1d.7-2
        Driver version: 512
        Capabilities  : 0x01020001
                Video Capture
                Audio
                Read/Write
Video input : 0 (Component)
Audio input : 0 (RCA back)
Video Standard = 0x0000b900
        PAL-M/60
        NTSC-M/M-JP/M-KR
[mark at cyclops ~]$

[mark at cyclops ~]$ v4l2-ctl --set-input=0 --device=/dev/video4
VIDIOC_S_INPUT: failed: Connection timed out
[mark at cyclops ~]$

That last one concerns me a bit.  I dont' think it should timeout when
setting input to component input....

Still fails to record anything manually.