[mythtv-users] Can anyone tell me why Ticket 6382 has been closed?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Sep 27 22:33:10 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara wrote:
> Could we be better?  Yes.  Are we trying to become better?  Yes.  If I
> could make a small request, it would be some understanding from the
> folks out there who get up in arms about the treatment of their
> tickets.  The devs are largely very approachable, and an angry post
> the user's mailing list (where nobody is likely to be aware of the
> deepr issues) can "feel" like a "who are you to close my ticket" when
> there is usually more at play.  If you (and indeed, us too) can take a
> deep breath and approach a post to the dev list or a calmly stated
> question on IRC with an open mind, you might find that you end up with
> what you want in the end.

I get the impression that most of the angry comments are to do with
just closing a ticket without comment. I'd have thought it was good
practice to give some small comment on every ticket state change,
otherwise Trac isn't properly keeping track. And it's also some
small acknowledgement of the effort the bug reporter has made,
which after all is their giving time to the project.

P.