[mythtv-users] myblaster and multiple dish STB's

Ajay Sharma ajayrockrock at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 08:19:15 UTC 2009

So a while ago I was having issues controlling a new box but got it to
work with a code (thread below, no, I normally don't top post).

My new issue is that I'm trying to control two dish boxes from one
myblaster.  The problem is that when I test it out:

./myblaster power

it will shut off both receivers.

So after a little playing around I noticed that one receiver will shut
off with code "1086" and both receivers will shut off with code, "0167".

I can't get that second receiver to respond with any other code then
"0167".  And I can't get that first receiver to NOT listen to "0167".

So I'm not sure what I'm doing and found a reference for "multidish"
myth installs:

http://www.mmdsi.com/mythtv/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html#Note_for_MultiDISH_users

If you scroll down to the bottom of that page, it talks about how to
change the codeset of your receiver.  Which I was able to do.  But no
matter which codeset I try (I tried a couple 1, 2, 5, 9) the receivers
still acts the same:

receiver 1:  responds to 0167
receiver 2:  responds to 0167 and 1086

Is there anyway to modify what code a receiver listens on?  Are there
any other codes that available to echostar boxes that aren't listed in
the "MyBlaster Library" files?

If you have multiple dish STB's, how did you set them up?  Did you just
get lucky and end up with two boxes that listen on different codes?

Thanks,
Ajay