[mythtv-users] svn socket errors

David Shay david at shay.net
Sun Sep 20 02:07:37 UTC 2009

FYI, I'm seeing very similar issues here.SVN trunk 21949.

hdhtpc1 mythtv # mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 21949
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 48
Library API      : 0.22.20090918-1
QT Version       : 4.5.1
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hd
homerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsyn
c using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_op
engl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

Right now I can reproduce it just going into watch recordings on a remote
frontend only.
Architecture now is fairly complex: (evolutionary growth over time, never
throw anything away...)
master backend/frontend has 4 tuners - 2 hd homerun, 1 pvr 500 with 2 inputs
1 slave backend/frontend with 1 pvr250
1 slave backend/frontend with 1 pvr250 and 1 pchdtv 3000
1 slave backend/frontend with 1 dvb-usb and 1 hd-pvr 1212
1 frontend only - zotac ion, vdpau

right now I can generate the problem from the zotac ion box when going into
watch recordings and also everytime you exit a show.

I'm recompiling with debugging on right now to get a backtrace.