[mythtv-users] Mythweb Channel icons not showing up by frontend does.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 22:44:31 UTC 2009

On 17/09/2009, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting.  I am running mythbuntu weekly builds.  here is what i saw:
>

> /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data/tv_icons ->
> /var/cache/mythweb/image_cache
>
> that image_cache folder is what i cleared but no effect.  I remove the sym
> link and then pointed it to my channels folder:
> sudo ln -s /home/mitchell/.mythtv/channels/ tv_icons
>

> changed perm of my icons:
> sudo chown www-data:www-data
> /home/mitchell/.mythtv/channels
> sudo chown www-data:www-data
> /home/mitchell/.mythtv/channels/*
>
> And Viola.  I have all my icons.  So what ever is filling image_cache is not
> liking some images.  Anyone know what ubuntu is doing?

A patch of mine (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6721) updating the
MythWeb docs was committed to trunk (r21089) that may explain one
reason why this situation might occur. However, if MythWeb is only
selectively missing icons - which all have the same ownership and
access permissions - this is not the case here.

Many new distros create home directories with permissions 0700 - this
means that if MythWeb is running as a different user/group, it will
not have permission to the mythbackend/mythtv-setup user's icons
directory in ~/.mythtv/channels and you will not see any icons in
MythWeb.

Cheers,
Nick

--