[mythtv-users] Mythweb Channel icons not showing up by frontend does.

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 20:40:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Michael Lynch <lynchmv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I used mythtv-setup to grab channel icons.  It got about 80% of them so I
> > went thru by and and was able to get the rest.
> > Now in mythfrontend i see all my icons.  for some reason mythweb does not
> > tho.
> > I have cleared the cache in mythweb /var/cache/mythweb/image_cache/
> > still no luck.
> > Looking over the failed ones most seem to be gif's.  But there are some
> gifs
> > that are viewable.  does mythweb have some size requirements?
> > Any other pointers?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Mitchell
>
> ls -l /path/to/mythweb/data/tv_icons
>
> That's where I had to put my icons with svn.  I don't recall where
> they are with .21

Interesting.  I am running mythbuntu weekly builds.  here is what i saw:

/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data/tv_icons -> /var/cache/mythweb/image_cache

that image_cache folder is what i cleared but no effect.  I remove the sym
link and then pointed it to my channels folder:
sudo ln -s /home/mitchell/.mythtv/channels/ tv_icons

changed perm of my icons:
sudo chown www-data:www-data /home/mitchell/.mythtv/channels
sudo chown www-data:www-data /home/mitchell/.mythtv/channels/*

And Viola.  I have all my icons.  So what ever is filling image_cache is not
liking some images.  Anyone know what ubuntu is doing?

--
Mitchell