[mythtv-users] HDMI over IP

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 02:57:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Allen Edwards
> <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> There is a transmitter and a receiver. They must be doing something to
>>> the stream. The pdf datasheet says "AV  signals  are transmitted
>>> digitally over the CAT5/6/7 cable without any signal loss. Internal
>>> JPEG  video  compression  adapts  to available network bandwidth  if
>>> needed."
>>>
>>> Whatever that means, the second sentence seems to imply some
>>> processing/compression.
>>> _
>>
>> It sounds like they are just using Cat5 cable and not an IP protocol.
>
> Yes it does, but their own advertising specifically disclaims that, eg:
>
> "Not an HDMI Balun, but an HDMI over IP system. This means you can
> create your own A/V Ethernet network and all of the recievers will
> find the transmitter automatically. It may even be used over smaller
> existing house networks and low cost LAN switches and routers."
>
> BUT
>
> "Video Bandwidth:  2.25Gbps (HDM1.3)
> LAN Bandwidth: Maximum 50Mbps ~ 60Mbps for 1080p"
>

> Its all rather confusing.
>
> Never mind, I have no use for one so I'll forget about it now.

Except I did have to point this out, under "Worship Centers" on their web page:

"The Guiding Light™ Keyboard for contemporary worship is a combination
PS2/USB keyboard for Windows™ PC’s. Each of the 104 keys has a bright
LED that can be turned on by simply pressing a button on the keyboard.
The majority of the LED’s are blue, howeve..."

AND

"Our Guiding Light™ Keyboard allows the Worship PC operator to see and
control everything with ease, even when the house lights are turned
off. The special design "cross-in-lights" LED pattern serves as a
spiritual reminder to the technology team about the reason for their
service. The Guiding Light™ Keyboard comes with the specially printed
F Keys we've designed to match the functions of the Worship Center
Broadcast System Video Genie™. The Guiding Light™ Keyboard is also
available in a stand alone version without the special F Keys. "

http://www.justaddpower.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Guiding_Light_Ke_4a56543a98546.jpg

What more could you want but $DEITY in your keyboard?