[mythtv-users] Mpeg files produced by MythTV using a PVR-150 or PVR-500, anything special about them?

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Mon Sep 7 23:15:05 UTC 2009

Hi!

I tried recently to copy Mpeg files produced by MythTV using my PVR-150 and PVR-500
and while they do play in VLC, if I move the slider to play to skip part of the file
VLC goes nuts and can't seem to be able to continue playing back the file.

(I have the latest version of VLC...)

Windows Media Player doesn't seem to have the proper codec so I can't play them.

The only program that seems to be able to handle these file is the media player that
comes with Nero.

If I try to play these files using my PS3 and the upnp server if I fast forward it
always take forever before it start playing it again after I have stopped fast
forwarding...

Is this normal or is something messed up on my PC?

Thank you in advance!

Nick