[mythtv-users] POLL *** How many people on the list are running UK combined Freeview and Freesat setups?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Sep 7 22:52:33 UTC 2009

As a non-Briton I'm curious as to how combining Freeview and Freesat
is different from similar situations elsewhere. As an American my
setup has integrated both over-the-air and cable almost from MythTV
day one. One schedule source (DataDirect then, SchedulesDirect now)
provides listings for every conceivable TV source (OTA, cable, and
satellite), and as long as I make sure identical channels on each
source carry identical callsigns, the scheduler just works
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/216512#216512>).

I know Britons don't have one comprehensive listings source, but what
else would be different between my setup and someone running Freeview
and Freesat?

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array