[mythtv-users] Strange program lengths recently

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 7 19:21:05 UTC 2009

On 09/07/2009 01:27 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
>    I've started to notice some strange lengths on my recordings after
> recent updates. (Maybe the last 2-3 weeks or so.) For instance, I
> recorded a series of Criminal Minds episodes, one after another. They
> were listed on the hour in the listings, and there was nothing missing
> in the group of recordings. I.e. - the end of one recording would flow
> into the beginning of the next recording, etc. However when watching
> these on a remote frontend Myth would report that the length was
> around 57 minutes, not 60 minutes. It does this consistently over all
> the recordings.

I'm guessing the lengths have more to do with the way we estimate the
duration for the OSD rather than implying that Myth recorded for an
incorrect amount of time.  I see this on nearly all of my primetime CBS
recordings.  I'd also assume that the broadcaster was "behind schedule"
or something causing them to be offset (i.e. due to sports runovers or
whatever).

Mike