[mythtv-users] Strange program lengths recently

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 17:27:10 UTC 2009

Hi,
   I've started to notice some strange lengths on my recordings after
recent updates. (Maybe the last 2-3 weeks or so.) For instance, I
recorded a series of Criminal Minds episodes, one after another. They
were listed on the hour in the listings, and there was nothing missing
in the group of recordings. I.e. - the end of one recording would flow
into the beginning of the next recording, etc. However when watching
these on a remote frontend Myth would report that the length was
around 57 minutes, not 60 minutes. It does this consistently over all
the recordings.

   I also noticed that Letterman and Conan, both listed at 1:02 in the
listing clocked in at about 1:02 so those seem fine.

   My backend is a PPC Mac Mini with an HDHR. The frontends are all
Asus Pundit-R Celeron machines. Everything is Gentoo and very up to
date.  Myth-0.21_p20877.

   I don't remember seeing any reports like this but maybe it's
familiar to others?

Thanks,
Mark