[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 9.04 + Nvidia 180 .deb + TuxOnIce PPA?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 23:24:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Nicolas Will<nico at youplala.net> wrote:

> Why do you want TOI when suspend and hibernate are working mostly as
> intended these days?
>
> I may lack knowledge about TOI...
>
> However, Ubuntu/Mythbuntu and NVIDIA binary driver work extremely well.

Back when I had TOI working on FC6 (before I added a SATA drive and
ran into a conflict with the nvidia SATA driver), it was *much* faster
at shutting my BE down and bringing it back up as compared to just
shutting down and rebooting.  When I tried using the default
hibernation code (only one test attempt), it took about as long to
hibernate as a standard shutdown takes and it did not turn off system
power, so it acted more like standby rather than hibernation.  TOI is
fast, flexible, and easy to configure -- if anything, the task of
configuring it takes awhile just because there are so many options to
play with.