[mythtv-users] "Hybrid SLI"? Would it help Myth?

Matt Beadon matt.beadon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:50:55 UTC 2009

> The other interesting feature of this mobo, "Express Gate", which seems to
> be
> a 5 second boot into something that will support a browser, seems to
> require
> Windows, something I will not do.

I've played with this Express gate a little.  It actually uses a linux core
on a flash chip on supported motherboards and is more generally known as
Splashtop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splashtop

Basically you've got a linux based netbook OS available on your expensive
motherboard.  I failed to see the usefulness of this on a desktop machine
but YMMV especially if your machine is located somewhere central in your
house where you might want to browse the web quickly and then shut down
again.

Doers anyone know anything pertinent about this "Hybrid SLI" or should I
> just
> ignore it and use this as a standard motherboard?

According to this thread Hybrid SLI is only available on vista (and my guess
win7 also).  Nvidia's forums are down right now but the google cache has
some info:
http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:gpnBzCxEW8QJ:forums.nvidia.com/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D71052+nvidia+hybrid+sli+linux

Matt