[mythtv-users] latest recommendation for VDPAU PCI card

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Tue Oct 27 08:40:13 UTC 2009

With the soon to be released .22, I hope to move to a real video card.
Currently I'm using the TV-OUT of a PVR-350. What is the recommended
NVIDIA PCI card? Will I run into PCI bus saturation problems if I'm
running a PVR-150, PVR-350 and a video card all on the PCI bus?

If you're running a legacy system with PCI slots + an AGP slot for graphics (or even no graphics slot at all), you'll be out of
luck. VDPAU is only supported on quite recent nvidia cards, which all use PCIe.

= Not True - see http://www.sparkle.com.tw/

Classic PCI ports and PCI express ports don't share the same bus, so that won't be an issue, so long as you have PCI express slots
to use. Else, the whole point is moot, because there are no graphics cards available which are suitable.

= As above!

It depends on your current kit, its compatibility, what you want to do now and what you might also want to do in the future - in
image terms.  (SD, 720p etc)  Other threads already exist here on this topic.