[mythtv-users] A new theme on the way...

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 18:43:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> I think ArcLight is looking absolutely fantastic, and with no disrepect to
> the other theme developers this is the best looking theme in my opinion. The
> integrity of the look and feel is a testament to your eye for detail.
>
> I congratulate you; I am disappointed that there is no a font that would
> allow you to use a free and as in speech font, but I am sure that your eye
> for detail is purely the reason why you have chosen this font and that it
> adds to the overall design.
>
> Whether this will or wont stimulate developers of themes I hope it does
> stimulate someone with the required eye for detail to create an appropriate
> font for future versions of this theme.
>
> Now onto more interesting things; can we please have this for 0.22 ;-) It's
> just too much of a tease now you have shown us how great Myth can look.
>
> Rich
>
> Thanks And Regards,
>
> Richard Morton

Richard,

I continue to play with free fonts and continue to toy with the idea
of leaving a commented out definition for a free font if I find one
that feels right.  It would take something pretty compelling to make
me adopt another font entirely, but we'll see what I come up with.

I think it would just be too premature to release Arclight at this
point-- it already uses a couple of MythUI features that haven't even
been submitted as tickets yet, let alone been applied.  I'd have to
cut some of those features out (in addition to finishing the theme) to
be able to release it for use with .22.

In case I haven't alluded clearly enough, the .22->.23 release cycle
will be short.  VERY short.  You'll be surprised, just watch the
MythTV news around releasetime.

Robert