[mythtv-users] Lirc and logitech harmony

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:39:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM, jansenj <jansenj+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I Have a logitech harmony remote that I would like to play around with using
> for myth.  I noticed Logitech has Mythtv profile for Mythbuntu which looks
> like it is a hauppage remote possibly.  I also noticed there was a logitech
> profile in mythbuntu for lirc.  But the logitech option in mythbuntu is not
> for the same remote as the logitech software set my remote up as.
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation of what profile pairing to use to get
> maximum use out of the remote (it does have multiple pages of buttons for
> each device).  I would need to know what product to tell logitech remote to
> emulate, then the appropriate lirc conf files for that remote.  If it
> matters to anyone, I have the 550 and for the receiver I'm using hdhomerun.
>
> I figured there have got to be plenty of people out there that use a
> logitech harmony on myth.  I just didn't want to spend a lot of time
> training either one for a bunch of commands.  Any recommendations on
> configuration pairings that would take minimal changes?
>
> Historically, I've used an ATI remote wonder plus (RF), but I'd like to just
> drop down to the one remote if possible since I already have it controlling
> everything else.

i'm using a Harmony remote (7xx?) with MythBuntu 8.10 right now.  i'm
pretty sure i used their profile directly and didn't monkey with it.
it supports all the functions i use, ff, rw, comm skip...
i've been very happy with it.
if i remember tonight, i'll pull my lirc.conf and post it for you.  i
would guess it would be the same for the 500, 550 remotes.

--
Andrew Close