[mythtv-users] Help needed

iluminat iluminat at o2.pl
Thu Oct 15 16:04:57 UTC 2009

Can You tell me if:
According to MythTV's spec, it does not support V4L2 drivers, which also excludes the possibility of using A827. We can only suggest you using mencoder to record analog TV, which is a function in MPlayer.
is true ? (This is from avermedia support)
video0 is my buildin webcam. It's not swaping. On tvtime it's always working on the same configuration.
Dnia 14 października 2009 4:12 Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> napisał(a):
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My tuner in mythtv status is unavailable. There is no live tv display.
>
> If you are seeing stuff from /dev/video1 it seems like your card is
> working and has supported drivers etc. It is probably just not set up
> properly in mythtv setup, or your channels are not set up correctly. I
> am not familiar with that card. It looks like you are setup in Poland.
> The cards, channels, listing sources, etc change from one locale to
> another. So maybe somebody in Europe who is more familiar with the
> that type of setup can help. You will want to share what you did in
> mythtv-setup. You have to set up the capture card, video source, input
> connection, and channels properly for it all to work. It is fairly
> straightforward, but any one of those could cause your problems.
Given that the card was /dev/video1, what was /dev/video0?
Sometimes devices swap device files upon reboot. /dev/video1 may have
moved back to /dev/video0 (and myth is looking for video1).
This can be caused by the kernel loading modules in a different order,
or by taking a video device (like a webcam) out of the system.
Waldemar (Grzegorz Melchior) Wosiński
student AGH WFiIS Cracow
Computer Science Year 5
What takes your mind?