[mythtv-users] Help needed

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 16:14:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:04 PM, iluminat <iluminat at o2.pl> wrote:
> Can You tell me if:
>
> According to MythTV's spec, it does not support V4L2 drivers, which also
> excludes the possibility of using A827. We can only suggest you using
> mencoder to record analog TV, which is a function in MPlayer.
>
> is true ? (This is from avermedia support)

It is not true.  MythTV does support V4L2 drivers (many analog devices
are known to work perfectly fine).  However, if the Avermedia A827
doesn't work, I doubt there is any real interest in the open source
community helping out the vendor of a closed source Linux driver.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com