[mythtv-users] Fans

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 19:00:05 UTC 2009

>  If I were you I would first look into using
> fancontrol and its setup program pwmconfig to see if you can get your
> fan quiet at idle. On Ubuntu, fancontrol was quite easy to setup and
> it slows my fan down to inaudible levels when the system is idle.

This sounds perfect.  However, after googling fancontrol, pwmconfig, and a
few other things I am totally confused.  I followed one thread and it
concluded my hardware must be buggy.  Another suggested I recompile linux.
 I am in need of a link that is up to date and represents the easy setup you
suggest.  Most of the posts had warnings at the top that said basically
"this software can ruin your system, be careful."    So, I am being careful
and want to follow something that is knows to work on my system, 8.04
mythbuntu.

Allen