[mythtv-users] database surgery or not?

Gavin Peters gavin at ytz.ca
Tue Oct 13 12:55:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 11:20:15PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> So they disappear and then come back?

Nope, more nothing happens.

> You won't be able to delete them using a playlist, because the files are
> missing, so it won't actually delete them without permission.
> Therefore, you need to delete them one by one and answer yes when
> prompted whether to delete the metadata since the file can't be found.

It's even weirder than that; I go through the menu in Watch
Recordings, select them individually, confirm the deletion one by one,
and... nothing happens; no X next to the name, no grayed out name, and
no dissapearing and reappearing.  I just confirm the deletion, and
*nothing*.

> prompt you correctly.  So, highlight the recording, wait a bit
> (depending on theme, it may "gray out"), then try the delete.

Hrm.  I tried this, and nothing...

> If you have a bunch of recordings, you can put them all in a playlist,
> then MENU|Playlist Options|Change Recording Group and select the Deleted
> recording group (or, if not listed, type in the word "Deleted"--exactly
> as show (capitalization and all) but without quotes).  Then, run
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/maintenance/flush_deleted_recgroup.pl?format=txt

This I will try, and report back.

There's something else odd I want to share: not all LiveTV shows up in
the LiveTV group in Watch Recordings.  Only this old stuff from late
aug/early Sept is there; very weird.  I also suspect all these weird
undead recordings in LiveTV have something to do with why browsing in
Watch Recordings starts up very, very slowly.

I'm still suspicious something is very bad with my database or
something, but I don't want to screw my database up, so I will try any
and everything to make it better first...

- Gavin