[mythtv-users] VDPAU not available

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 16:12:11 UTC 2009

> VideoOutputXv: Desired video renderer 'vdpau' not available.
>
> How do I fix this, or what other info should I supply?
>
> I know just enough to be dangerous around this machine.

Did you install the nvidia-glx-180 (or 185 or 190) drivers? You won't
get VDPAU unless you have installed 180 or higher. Jean-Yves has all
three of those versions in his repository. It looks like you set up a
vdpau playback profile but that is another place to check. Make sure
you have selected VDPAU renderer and deinterlacers in your playback
profile.