[mythtv-users] VDPAU not available

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Sat Oct 10 16:03:50 UTC 2009

I did install the Jean-Yves Avenard mythbuntu version with VDPAU on my
Ubuntu 8.04 combined FE/BE.  Didn't have a VDPAU card, not sure what I
screwed up, but mythtv no longer worked. I reinstalled .21 from
mythbuntu repositories and waited for PCI 8400GS card with 512MB to
arrive.  Put it in last night, rebooted, again upgraded to the VDPAU
version.  Looks real bad, get this in mythfrontend log:

VideoOutputXv: Desired video renderer 'vdpau' not available.

How do I fix this, or what other info should I supply?

I know just enough to be dangerous around this machine.