[mythtv-users] Graphite theme slow in "Watch Recordings"

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:57:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/09/2009 02:47 AM, myShade wrote:
>>
>> I cleaned everything out, but still no go.
>> I have FE/BE on the same machine. Graphite is the only theme affected.
>> Thinking all those trans*.png and rec*.png has something to do with it,
>> since no other theme i tried have this flash on "selected item" in
>> "watch recording" menu.
>> No TV related stuff is on NFS. Since other themes works fine i cant
>> think its a cache or "head on performance" issue.
>>
>> Guess i have to leave the favorite theme for some time ;9
>> Still problems are ment to be solved.......
>
> As Chris Pinkham mentioned, if the $HOME/.mythtv directory is on NFS, you
> need to configure that one with some non-0 actimeo.  I was wrong when I
> mentioned the TV directories as being the ones that might need
> reconfiguring.

This is an interesting problem.  All my frontends are diskless,
silent, PXE-booting ION machines, with all storage NFS-mounted,
including the $HOME directory which is part of the root file system.
I tried adding actimeo=1 but NFS doesn't like this for the root file
system -- "mount -o remount,actimeo=1 /" gives an error, and rebooting
with actimeo=1 in /etc/fstab causes the boot to fail, whereas it seems
to be OK with non-root NFS file systems.  Maybe I should separately
export and mount the $HOME directories with actimeo=1.  Better yet, if
I knew which subdirectories of $HOME/.mythtv are involved in this
slowness, I might NFS-mount them separately and share them among the
frontends.

Jim