[mythtv-users] Graphite theme slow in "Watch Recordings"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 9 17:09:57 UTC 2009

On 10/09/2009 12:57 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> This is an interesting problem.  All my frontends are diskless,
> silent, PXE-booting ION machines, with all storage NFS-mounted,
> including the $HOME directory which is part of the root file system.
> I tried adding actimeo=1 but NFS doesn't like this for the root file
> system -- "mount -o remount,actimeo=1 /" gives an error, and rebooting
> with actimeo=1 in /etc/fstab causes the boot to fail, whereas it seems
> to be OK with non-root NFS file systems.  Maybe I should separately
> export and mount the $HOME directories with actimeo=1.  Better yet, if
> I knew which subdirectories of $HOME/.mythtv are involved in this
> slowness, I might NFS-mount them separately and share them among the
> frontends.

The requirement is solely that the $HOME/.mythtv directory and/or the
video directories not use actimeo=0 or noac.  Therefore, just don't
specify either actimeo or noac, and you'll be fine.

For LiveTV, however, not using actimeo=0 or noac may mean that LiveTV
fails, so in the past, we've always told users to use actimeo=0 on their
NFS-mounted recordings directories.

Mike