[mythtv-users] ITV HD trunk

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Oct 8 20:23:26 UTC 2009

On 8 Oct 2009, at 19:17, Another Sillyname wrote:

> 2009/10/8 Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk>:
>
>> Only issue I'm seeing is that there is still something odd about
>> the fixed
>> up ITVHD TS file, it probably plays fine in MythFrontend, although
>> I don't
>> use that so haven't tried but the PS3 denies all knowledge of an
>> audio
>> track, must have a look at the patch code and see if there's
>> something I can
>> do to fix it.
>>

> It's because ITV often mess around with the stream mappings.
>
> Normally on a BBC stream....
>
> Map 0 - Video
> Map 1 - Normal Audio
> Map 2 - Audio for Blind
> Map 3 - AC3 Audio
>
> on an ITV stream
>
> Map 0 - AC3
> Map 1 - Video
>
> If the PS3 code doesn't think to check audio is lower then the video
> stream it won't get found.

That makes sense, the PS3 is certainly fussy, if it wasn't for the
completely wonderful picture quality I wouldn't bother with it at all!
I'd wondered if it was the old ac3 audio labelled as mpeg2 audio
problem that BBCHD used to have, must drag out tsreader and take a look.
I've never seen (heard) normal audio on BBCHD, I thought it was ac3 or
audio description only, PS3 prefers audio description :-( It also
thinks BBCHD and LuxeHD are 4:3

Keep meaning to get a better graphics card that can do advanced 2x
vdpau 1080i de-int maybe that will rival or better the PS3 and I can
use the Myth Frontend instead.

Thanks for the pointer.

Andre