[mythtv-users] ITV HD trunk

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Oct 8 11:49:30 UTC 2009

On 8 Oct 2009, at 12:09, Adam Skinner wrote:

> Whats the state of play with ITV HD on trunk - i could never get it

Works for me, Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 6 with Mythbuntu daily builds.
> anything special or will it just show up? Also - is programming data
> broadcast via EIT?

It is, I had EIT working fine in 0.21 too, needed to remux to get a
playable ts and the audio offset keeps changing so that was a pain.
EIT seems to be off by default for ITV HD (10510, if you haven't
renamed it) but works fine once enabled.

> Currently all my programming data comes via EIT - i like it as its
> good
> as to not rely upon internet or other external sources.

Same here, seems to work well, shame there isn't much for it to
report, sometimes it's better quality than BBC HD since their changes.

Only issue I'm seeing is that there is still something odd about the
fixed up ITVHD TS file, it probably plays fine in MythFrontend,
although I don't use that so haven't tried but the PS3 denies all
knowledge of an audio track, must have a look at the patch code and
see if there's something I can do to fix it.

uPnP server seems much quicker at streaming files during FF or
thumbnail searches (it's a PS3 thing), good stuff. Episodes seem to be
in a more sensible (although still subtly odd) order now too, must
have a look see if there are any switches for uPnP server tweaks now,
seeing episode humber would be a massive help.

Looking good for 0.22 to me, good work guys.

Andre