[mythtv-users] New recording profile for DVB not showing up in recording rules (0.21-fixes, OSX)

Mark Cooke mpc at jts.homeip.net
Sun Oct 4 20:33:25 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have a quick question.  I'm trying to create a new profile for DVD
Encoding for radio broadcasts, that only records the audio stream.

In the frontend, there is an option in setup>tv settings>recording
profiles>Hardware DVB Encoders to 'create new profile'.

I've created one called 'Radio', and changed the recording type to
'Audio Only'.

At this point, it didn't work as I expected, so I restarted the backend
and the frontend, and have also checked the database by hand.  The Radio
recording profile is in the 'recordingprofiles' table, as expected.  The
'codecparams' table contains two items for my Radio profile.
(recordingtype=audio, autotranscode=0).  This looks similar to the other
DVB profiles (except they show 'all' instead of 'audio').

I then went to the programme guide, and added a test recording rule.
Under storage options, the 'record using' options only lists the usual 4
(default, live tv, high quality, low quality).  My custom profile
'Radio' is nowhere to be found.

Should what I'm trying work in 0.21-fixes or are these 4 default
recording profiles hard coded somewhere in the code for DVB ?

Cheers,

Mark