[mythtv-users] Channel scanner suggestion

Jonas Kvinge linuxtv at closetothewind.net
Sun Oct 4 18:52:14 UTC 2009

Hello,

There are a few things that bothers me about the channel scanner in
recent revisions. There are hundred of channels but only a few that I
really want in the EPG. The way I did it before was to uncheck "visible"
for each channel I don't want. This way I could easily rescan all
transponders and it would update the existing channels and add new ones
and the unwanted channels would still be hidden. This way I did not have
to delete every channel each time I do a new scan. I see that this has
changed recently. All channels are now marked visible even if I
previously have marked the channels not to be visible. It also updates
channel number for existing channels which is also unwanted. Is this
change intentional or will it be corrected? The preferred behaviour
would be to have all new found channels marked invisible, maybe it could
be created on option for this.

All HD channels seem to be added once and sometimes twice for each
channel scan instead of updating the existing channel. If you do ONE
scan you would have two of the same HD channel, and if you rescan there
are sometimes four of the same channel. I guess this is a bug.

I'm using canal digital in Norway if that is relevant
Channels are found here:
http://www.telenorsbc.com/templates/Page.aspx?id=399

Current trunk revision that I use is 22025

Jonas