[mythtv-users] ProgramInfo, Error: - should be local, but it can not be found

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 18:11:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Big Wave Dave <bigwavedave at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Robert McNamara
>> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> You're in the Bay Area, aren't you?  Comcast moved Comedy Central, you
>>> need to re-scan.
>>>
>>> Robert
>>
>> Ah, is this what's going on?
>>
>> OK, so this is the scte64scan think, correct? Are there instructions
>> for 'rescannig'? I don't see anything here on that specifically:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan
>>
>> I have to admit is scary to see my name on the sourceforge page and
>> realize I just don't know how to use it. (I.e. - I think I can do the
>> scan OK - I'll go get started, but how do I add it into the database
>> where there is old information already? Does the command
>>
>> mysql mythconverg < vct.sql'
>>
>> write over the top and remove the old values that aren't good anymore?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> - Mark
>
> The update/rescan info is at the bottom of the readme file for scte65scan:
> <snip>
>
> UPDATING MYTHTV WHEN THE VIRTUAL CHANNEL MAP CHANGES
> NOTE: More updated documentation on usage with MythTV can probably be found
> on the MythTV wiki.
>
> Cable providers are known to physically re-arrange channels from time
> to time.  If the provider is using profile 2 of SCTE-65, there will be
> a version number associated with each table and this number should change
> when the table changes.  To update MythTV with these changes use:
>        ./scte65scan -p -V your_VCT_ID -f4,2 itfile > myth-svct.sql
>        mysql [-u user -p password] mythconverg < myth-svct.sql
>
> </snip>
>
> This was a little confusing for me, as I didn't initially understand
> what the "itfile" was.  I ended up running:
>
> ./scte65scan -V 3065 -v -f4,2
> us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > 20091001.a.sql
>
> The "4" means this is an update to a previous scan (use UPDATE instead
> of INSERT on the database) and the "2" is the source-id.
>
> It does overwrite the select portions in  your database, so make sure
> you have a good backup of your database prior to doing any of this
> stuff.
> Best of luck!
>
> Dave

Thanks.

OK, I seem to be recording. I see a data file with it's size growing.
I'll have to get to somewhere where I can watch it to determine if
it's the right channel. I guess the second question is how do I ensure
that this update didn't wreck other channel setups? Do I have to do a
recording on every channel and check them by hand?

I'm curious - is there no way to determine before I lose recordings
that Comcast has moved things? That seems sort of weak. Or is no one
using Myth concerned about that?

Thanks,
Mark