[mythtv-users] ProgramInfo, Error: - should be local, but it can not be found

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 17:31:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> For the last 3 days I've had problems recording only two shows, Jon
>>> Stewart and Colbert. I'm seeing the following messages in my backend
>>> log file:
>>>

>> You're in the Bay Area, aren't you?  Comcast moved Comedy Central, you
>> need to re-scan.
>>
>> Robert
>
> Ah, is this what's going on?
>
> OK, so this is the scte64scan think, correct? Are there instructions
> for 'rescannig'? I don't see anything here on that specifically:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan
>
> I have to admit is scary to see my name on the sourceforge page and
> realize I just don't know how to use it. (I.e. - I think I can do the
> scan OK - I'll go get started, but how do I add it into the database
> where there is old information already? Does the command
>
> mysql mythconverg < vct.sql'
>
> write over the top and remove the old values that aren't good anymore?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Mark

The update/rescan info is at the bottom of the readme file for scte65scan:
<snip>

UPDATING MYTHTV WHEN THE VIRTUAL CHANNEL MAP CHANGES
NOTE: More updated documentation on usage with MythTV can probably be found
on the MythTV wiki.

Cable providers are known to physically re-arrange channels from time
to time.  If the provider is using profile 2 of SCTE-65, there will be
a version number associated with each table and this number should change
when the table changes.  To update MythTV with these changes use:
	./scte65scan -p -V your_VCT_ID -f4,2 itfile > myth-svct.sql
	mysql [-u user -p password] mythconverg < myth-svct.sql

</snip>

This was a little confusing for me, as I didn't initially understand
what the "itfile" was.  I ended up running:

./scte65scan -V 3065 -v -f4,2
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > 20091001.a.sql

The "4" means this is an update to a previous scan (use UPDATE instead
of INSERT on the database) and the "2" is the source-id.

It does overwrite the select portions in  your database, so make sure
you have a good backup of your database prior to doing any of this
stuff.
Best of luck!

Dave