[mythtv-users] Total system upgrade: Am I screwed?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 13:49:45 UTC 2009

Well I thought I had done the right thing but apparently not.

I had a Fedora 10 system with Myth 0.21 and I decided to take the
plunge and upgrade the system to Fedora 12 and Myth to 0.22 all at
once.

I backed up the database per the wiki and copied all important data on
my desktop so I could wipe the system for a fresh install. The F12
install went smoothly and I installed Myth. Per the wiki I was
supposed to import the mc.sql file prior to restoring the database,
which I did. However, when I ran the restore script it bombed out.

Bottom line: Is there any way to save any of my database info? The
only things I care about are the recordings which I still have all of
on a separate drive and my recording schedules.

Thanks,
Richard